Wednesday 11 January 2012

In honour of "sticky dogs" at Dogs Trust

You may, or may not believe this, but my dog sock animals are inspired by a combination of 
a)the kind of material I have to work with(pure wool, slightly felted is always the best)and how I can manipulate it.
and
b) A real life dog that I know or one from the "sticky" dogs gallery at Dogs Trust . These looking for a sponsor because they really can't be re-homed easily, I guess because many don't look that cute. But as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!


This little critter ... was inspired by...
Theodore Fredbare



Copper, a brindle Staffie cross living in Darlington. Not exactly cute, but spirited I like to think. I love her legs too...       













2 comments:

  1. Theodore is adorable. Copper herself looks so militant and more like a boy and than a girl! I am sure she is a sweetie though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get this."These looking for a sponsor because they really can't be re-homed easily, I guess because many don't look that cute." Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



    microchipping dogs

    ReplyDelete