Friday 6 January 2012

New Year Views

A Happy New Year to one and All,crafters, creators and all those who give inspiration and not forgetting family and friends.






 Clear blue skies, crisp air, and anything is possible. These photos taken this morning, in our lane, sum up my hopes for the year ahead...





The wee softy animals upstairs tell me they hope I will be a bit more productive than last, and let's hope.
("Graham Gnasher" here said, "for heavens sake let me have my legs attached, they look so cool, and then I can get around a bit..")
And so I am pleased to show you my take on a Marmalade Sock Cat, who lazed around here at Christmas... 
He got so excited about the boxes and gifts...

He even closed his eyes while we opened the box.. 
He peered into the box to see what was inside... 
Marmaduke (???) enjoyed the cat treats inside, and then posed for the camera.


Yesterday, I was trying to track down prints, by Kay Nielsen. Maybe I should explain, when I was about 11 or 12,  I collected small prints by pre-raphelites, anyone who painted fairies and illustrated fairy stories, like Arthur Rackham.  I only have a few of the cards left now, and this one still catches my eye when I see it... 

And now I have found a great web site and blog made by someone who seems to share my taste - Artsy Crafty. As well as small prints they offer calenders too. Can't wait to start recollecting.. or is that re-collecting? .

Happy making out there...  



1 comment:

  1. Your sock cat is so adorable! I wish you have happy, inspirational 2012!

    The meat mincer sounds neat, even though I don't eat meat. It probably works better that the products on the market today!

    ReplyDelete