Sunday 24 October 2010

Autumn leaves - Cozy cushions, pumpkins and walking on the beach

October is almost over and the leaves are starting to fall. We had a great walk this week on the beautiful beach just 5 minutes away, seems we weren't the only ones !

On the way back we passed a garden store just piled high with pumpkins, gourds and Halloween finery. I just love the colour of them no matter how many I see, or how often I see them.

I am reading a good book at the moment about live in Sweden from the 1850s to modern times - "Hanna's Duaghters" . I has given me a great insight into the tough life of people here when they depended on what they could grow or trade to survive. If you have time I recommend it.  

Finally.... on the craft front, gearing up for Christmas and Christmas Fairs, the sewing machine is hot, and I have just finished an Autumn cushion for myself. I have had the crocheted oak leaves for ages, and now I have finally got around to fixing it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment