Wednesday 15 January 2014

Warmest Winter Boots!


Swedish Curling Boots



I just wanted to say how much I love my new winter boots. I have wanted a pair ever since the first chilling winter here four years ago, and this year I got a pair, and I am so pleased! As far as I know they are special to Sweden, you don't see them anywhere else, people say because they are thought a bit ugly, made of raw rubber sole and lined with soft fleecy fur. Great for cold and damp studio floors, walking, everything really this time of year. They are sort of like Scandinavian Uggs for up here. If you are curious to see a more informative photo and maybe dip your toe in, take a look at Put Feet First.  What I really like is the fact that every year the shoe shops just start selling them, without a nod to the fashion world, they just keep on selling them, because they do the job. They are unisex too, so warm toes for all! 

    

3 comments:

  1. warm toastie feet? what could be better?
    Pouring with rain here. . .again. . . :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm toes are important.
    Just found you and see you have a love of dogs and live in Sweden. We lived in Sweden a few years back. A lovely country that I hold dear in my heart. Husband now has a hankering to be back there. Will call again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very warm and toastie feet, so much so that I don't want to take them off when I am indoors, a real no - no here. Watching the thermometer drop to minus 2 today, quick put them back on !
    Lynne, glad that you found me, and that you got to share the lovely life here in Sweden. It is a special place.

    ReplyDelete