Monday 15 July 2013

Subway Art and Birthday Banners

Just back after a wonderful month away in South West France, where the roses were perhaps the best ever ( do I say that every year?) and we enjoyed sunshine and rain in equal measure. One nearby village was completely flooded out, thankfully it passed us by.  







Shrub roses in their hundreds growing around the archway.


Beautiful shaded footpath, lined with roses. 

Back home now, here are the projects that I took with me...

Making a point... SUBWAY ART. 

Confession time... I treated my self to a Cameo Silhouette plotter last year, and I am ashamed to say that for the first 6 months it sat its box, reproaching me for not using it. This year, resolute to use it, I came across some great Subway Art tutorials by Debbie over at the Painted Therapy blog, and gave it a go. I followed her instructions, but I couldn't find printed contrast sheet here, so I used a highlighter pen to colour the clear plastic instead. The most difficult bit was getting the levels right, but I am quite happy with the result. 

 
It was made for a friend, a memory board of all her favourite places. 

The Cameo is so flexible it can cut paper and fabric as well, and I am thinking of many more ways to use it   (they didn't pay me to say that!). 

Birthday Banner

Next, my Friend Jo made this Birthday banner for me made from paper and cardboard using her machine.





  
Can't resist including a photo of Maggie the little Cocker and my stash of vintage French linen, oh yes, and more roses in the background.

4 comments:

  1. its all beautiful, I wish I could smell the roses !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Beautiful pictures!!
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses smell just so wonderful, like a bottle of perfume,I always want to bottle them. But it doesn't last alas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Bea, the photos courtesy of Nick as always ! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete