Wednesday 31 July 2013

Stencil Wood Sign


I've still got the Cameo Silhouette cutting bug, and I picked up this scrappy piece of wood on the beach a while ago that I thought would be great for a stencil cut using the Silhouette. I wanted to use an extract from the poem written by Bessie Anderson Stanley in 1904 called "Success". I worried that it wouldn't quite fit, but it did in the end thankfully! 

I used the tutorial on the Silhouette site to work out how to make stencil letters without the middles falling out of the "e" and "o" s etc. I know it isn't exactly perfect, but I think I like the look. I used Acrylic paint and finished it with lime wax for a soft shine. 

I have lots of ideas to make some more, and sitting in the garden, stencil brush in hand, is the perfect place to be at the moment.  

    


3 comments:

  1. That's absolutely beautiful! how can you be so lucky to have found such a perfect piece of wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wooly Dog, I am that person on the beach looking for that piece. Pallet wood always seems to age the best.

      Delete